Dr. Xiaohui Tao, PhD
Dr. Xiaohui Tao is Full Professor and Lead of Computing Discipline in the School of Mathematics, Physics and Computing at the University of Southern Queensland (UniSQ), Australia. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and ACM, and an active researcher in AI. Dr. Tao received his Ph.D. in Information Technology from Queensland University of Technology, Australia, which has led to research in data analytics, machine learning, knowledge engineering, natural language processing, and health informatics. During his research career, Tao has attained a wealth of knowledge and experience with massive data sets and delivering solutions to complex research and development problems. His research outcomes have been published in 150+ papers across many top-tier journals (e.g., TKDE, INFFUS, IPM, etc.) and conferences (e.g., AAAI, IJCAI, ICDE, CIKM, etc). Tao is the recipient of an Australia Research Council Grant, an Australian Endeavour Research Fellowship, along with several other awards from respected professional bodies and organisations.
Tao has been a very active volunteer and leader in the intelligent informatics fields. He has held leadership positions within many IEEE sponsored conferences, including Chair (or Co-chair) of program committees in WI '17, '18, WI-IAT '21 and BESC '18 and '21. He is Editor-in-Chief of Natural Language Processing Journal, Elsevier and IEEE Intelligence Informatics Bulletin (the flagship communication forum for the IEEE Technical Committee of Intelligent Informatics), and Managing Editor of Web Intelligence Journal, IOS Press. He has also been an editor or guest editor in many top-tier journals such as INFFUS and WWWJ, and a regular reviewer of TKDE, TPDS, TII, TCC, TSC, INFFUS, IPM, and TDSC, etc. Currently, Tao is leading a research group on intelligent data engineering and analytics that develops algorithms and systems with real-world impact.
- [03/2023] A paper on Hard Negatives Generating for Memes Category Detection is accepted by ICME'23
- [03/2023] A survey article on Deep Learning and Machine Learning in Psychiatry is accepted by Brain Informatics [Q1]
- [02/2023] A paper on Topic Integrated Opinion-based Drug Recommendation with Transformers is accepted by IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence [Q1]
- [02/2023] A paper on Tree-like Interaction Learning for Bundle Recommendation is accepted by ICASSP'23
- [02/2023] Being humble to be elected Vice Chair of IEEE Technical Committee of Intelligent Informatics. Many thanks to the TCII community for the trust.
- [01/2023] Received School Research Performance Award by School of Mathematics, Physics and Computing, University of Southern Queensland
- [01/2023] A paper on Towards an Understanding of the Engagement and Emotional Behaviour of MOOC Students using Sentiment and Semantic Features is accepted by Computers & Education: Artificial Intelligence
- [12/2022] A paper on Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining on Educational Data: A Survey is accepted by Natural Language Processing Journal
- [12/2022] A paper on "Remote Patient Monitoring using Artificial Intelligence: Current State, Applications, and Challenges" is accepted by WIREs Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery [Q1]
- [11/2022] A paper on Long Legal Article Question Answering via Cascaded Key Segment Learning is accepted as a poster presentation for the AAAI-23
- [11/2022] A paper on "A novel dropout mechanism with label extension schema toward text emotion classification" is accepted by Information Processing and Management [Q1]
- [10/2022] Received Best Student Paper Award Runner-up by BESC’22
- [10/2022] A paper on Multimodality Information Fusion for Automated Machine Translation is accepted by Information Fusion. [Q1, IF 17.564]
- [10/2022] 3 papers (Dual-Debiased Learning, Hyperbolic Mutual Learning, and Long Legal Article QA) are accepted by DASFAA'23
- [07/2022] Proudly launched a new journal, Natural Language Processing Journal, Elsevier, as one of the founding Editor-in-Chiefs.
Journals/Events of Interest
Journal Special Issues
- The 2022 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, November 17-20, 2022, Niagara Falls, Canada (WI-IAT 2022)
- The 9th International Conference on Behavioural and Social Computing, Matsuyama University, Japan, 29-31 October 2022 (BESC 2022)
- 2022 The Tenth International Conference on Advanced Cloud and Big Data, November 4-5, 2022, Guilin, China (CBD 2022)
- The 15th International Conference on Brain Informatics, Padova-Italy & Brisbane-Australia (BI 2022)